BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT MEXICO IS LOOKING FOR A PROJECT ROLE MANAGEMENT
JOB TITLE: REVENUE GROWTH MANAGEMENT MANAGER
CITY & COUNTRY: MONTERREY, MEXICO
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role? .
Works as a business partner for Finance and Marketing senior leaders in end markets, by providing key commercial insights, thus assisting in ensuring that the end market growth activities contribute to the financial success and effective resource allocation decisions are made across the value chain.
Analytics which generate value added insights and foresights (including Revenue Growth Management and Marketing Spend Effectiveness) is a key lever in driving sustainable and efficient business growth in today’s evolving CPG environment. Understanding revenue growth / marketing spend effectiveness and how to most efficiently drive net sales, profit, market and volume share is vital to delivering our overall business objectives. We are looking for a passionate individual who is excited by analytics to insights and innovation vs. the status quo to join our GBS Commercial Finance team.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
Role complexity is going to be high due to below reasons:
- GBS is going through a significant transformation. A key component of this transformation is the development at speed, of the capabilities for advanced analytics leveraging digital technologies as well as data science.
- This role is expected to play a critical role in developing and embedding Revenue Growth Management and Marketing Spend Effectiveness capabilities in GBS by collaborating with global project team, IDT (particularly D&A) as well as end market teams.
- The incumbent will deal with high level of ambiguity as these capabilities are going through a significant evolution not only within GBS but also the whole group
Reports to: GM BASS Americas
- Understand strategies and initiatives that will accelerate revenue growth (RGM), and increase marketing spend effectiveness (MSE) at BAT.
- Serve the DRBU as an extension of the Commercial Finance / SPI Teams with a keen understanding of the business and how to enable sustainable net revenue growth and marketing spend effectiveness.
- Support the development of a robust portfolio strategy and Customer / Consumer Pricing Strategies (price architecture) to reflect the organization’s changing requirements and a dynamic competitive landscape.
- Leverage analytical tools by providing insights and recommendations towards the achievement of RGM financial plans and supporting execution initiatives.
- Contributing to continually improving business performance by conducting analyses and developing insights to drive velocity and net revenue growth and marketing spend effectiveness.
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional team (including marketing, finance, IDT particularly D&A team) regarding revenue growth management and marketing spend effectiveness.
- Provide pricing-related insights and perspective related to competitor activities, consumer trends and interactions between categories and across price segments.
- Evaluate the effectiveness/efficiency of Marketing programs & touchpoints through analytical tools to support better decision-making and resource allocation.
- Assist in the monitoring and shaping of Trade Margins working closely with end market teams. Support major relevant initiatives such as TCI etc.
- Provide insights to drive spend efficacy and smart cost management within the Marketing team. Ensure resource allocation decisions are based on enhancing shareholder value and in line with company strategy.
- Manage multiple strategic GBS projects (e.g. RGM roll out, MSE roll out, Development of GBS Run Book for these methodologies, etc.) within tight deadlines, and communicate to project leadership and key stakeholders any challenges/issues in a clear and timely fashion.
- Develop and lead the relevant GBS team, ensuring continuous improvement in all required capabilities (with emphasis on strong analytical skills) and commercial acumen through combination of existing team development and new appointments.
- Able to effectively operate in a matrix organization with high level of change.
- Role reports to relevant GBSLT member.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Degree educated with relevant professional qualification (CA / ACCA / CIMA / CPA / MBA)
- 5+ years of experience in pricing, promotion, sales analytics, marketing research, finance and/or category management
- Significant experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment (consumer goods strongly preferred)
- Must have excellent analytical skills and business acumen to build strong business cases to drive core business decisions and change/innovation
- Data and insights driven. Basic understanding of key data science concepts
- Commercially focused and is consumer centric
- Strong Influencing, leadership and interpersonal skills. Strong oral and written communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills to influence and secure cross-functional support
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of relevant finance tools and systems (i.e. SAP / HFM / BI /BPC)
- Experience in analyzing reports, identify issues and challenges management
- Experience in strategic analysis & planning and execution, performance metrics, project evaluation, commercial acumen
- Ability to simplifying complex situations, communicate and present complex information
- Insightful, comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty, pro-active, collaborative and consultative
- Project management skills
- A competitive compensation plans.
- Performance Bonus
WE ARE BAT
At BAT, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets.
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
- Newly established Tech Hubs building extraordinary capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations.
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner.
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies.
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!